Winter 1: January 15- February 23 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9142 University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 SPAN507 MSTRPCS HISP THEATR Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 529ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
The theater has been a genre in which Spanish writers have excelled, evolving the platform, creating globally recognized characters, and receiving international renown. This course examines masterpieces of the Spanish theater from the Siglo de Oro to the Post-Franco democratic age. Examining works by five of the most important dramatists of Spain’s history, course participants will engage with the social commentary and metaliterary aspects of these works from giants of the Spanish theater. Students will also select a work from the Spanish theater tradition to serve as the focal point of a lesson which they create for their classrooms. Conducted in Spanish by Dr. Joseph Parodi-Brown.
What participants are saying about this course
"This course was very challenging but very informative and I learned a lot of new materials that I can use in my classes."
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Joseph Parodi-Brown, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.