Winter 1: January 9 - February 17
The primary focus of this course is developing professional and program sustainability through the incorporation of effective and engaging learner-centered educational technology in Mandarin classroom. Participants will reshape an existing lesson, or build a new one, to include these tools to enhance your teaching and your students’ learning. Activities include readings and videos, with periods for discussion and reflection. Using Backwards Design theory and a constructive approach, you will design a lesson plan that supports the curriculum frameworks/standards. Conducted in Mandarin by Chang Liu.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
Course Delivery: Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instuctor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Not sure which credit option to choose? Credit options are based on district approval. Learn more about each credit option here.
- 60 Professional Development Points, CTLEs, ACT48: $540
- PEDD 9159: University of the Pacific: 3 Graduate-level PDUs: $875
- CLDE 591 CHIN 501: Colorado State University Pueblo: 3 Degree Applicable Graduate Credits: $900
- PDLL 523ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): 3 Transferable Graduate Credits: $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)