Summer 2: July 8- August 16 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9166: University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 FREN504 TCHNG FRENCH GRAMMAR: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 544ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
This course is designed to introduce teachers to ACTFL’s Core Practice of teaching grammar as a concept and in context. Participants in this course will start by learning about the research and theories behind implicit and explicit grammar instruction from experts in language acquisition. Participants will also learn more about what it means to choose grammatical concepts in the context of a thematic unit as it pertains to a communicative goal. A special emphasis will be placed on strategies to implement implicit grammar instruction with students through the PACE Model. In this course participants will share ideas for implementing PACE model lessons and also discuss the benefits and challenges of teaching grammar implicitly in classes. (Conducted in English with coursework in French with Elisa Kirschhoffer.
What participants are saying about this course
"Excellent pacing and content. I learned so much."
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Elisa Kirschhoffer, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.