Summer 2: July 10 - August 18
This online course is designed for teachers who wish to continue to improve and refine their language skills in Italian and to develop practical lesson plans for the classroom. It is designed around six great movie adaptations of classic children's books. Given the popularity of the stories and films, students and teachers who are familiar with the film and can focus on the language without having to decipher the plot. Emphasis will be on comprehension, vocabulary building, improving listening and writing skills, in addition to film analysis and discussions of the differences between original story and its movie adaptation (available in Italian through online streaming). Group work will be in the form of discussion boards and lesson plan development. Conducted in Italian with occasional readings in English by Monica Canetta.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
Course Delivery: Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instuctor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Not sure which credit option to choose? Credit options are based on district approval. Learn more about each credit option here.
- 60 Professional Development Points, CTLEs, ACT48: $540
- 3 Graduate-level Credits:
- PEDD 9123 University of the Pacific: Non-degree graduate-level credits: $875
- CLDE 591 ITAL501CLASSC STRIES BIG SCRN: Colorado State University Pueblo: 3 Degree Applicable Graduate Credits: $900
- PDLL 535ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)