Open Registration- Self-paced Courses
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9165 University of the Pacific: $540
- PDTM 501ID -Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750
As many teachers are transitioning into the world of online and hybrid learning, supporting exceptional students can become challenging. This course explores strategies to support exceptional students and how they can apply to Language Classrooms. These strategies include: effective notes and note taking, scaffolding learning digitally, approaches to challenges with reading, opportunities for students to do asynchronous and self paced learning, and supporting students in their time management and organization. As these strategies are examined, a wide variety of apps and online tools that can support exceptional students in an online learning experience will be shared with examples of how they can be used effectively. (Open to All Language Teachers. Conducted in English)
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online modules and collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced.
About the Instructor
Maureen Lamb, Instructor. Read more on Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.