Spring 2: May 20- June 28 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9189: University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 CHIN 503: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 565ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)
Integrated performance-based assessments are a key component of any proficiency-based program. This course will give an overview of various assessments, provide a step-by-step process to design a Mandarin curriculum based on integrated performance assessments, and share resources including rubrics, templates, authentic resources, and sample assessments to empower attendees to develop their own curriculum. Course is conducted in Chinese.
Integrated performance-based learning and assessment is a system that allows students to use their higher-order thinking in real-world scenarios. This learning and assessment system helps educators to see what students are able to do and measure the levels of student understanding and proficiency so teachers can provide instructions to adjust students’ learning experience.
Required TextbookImplementing Integrated Performance Assessment
Book by Bonnie Adair-Hauck, Eileen Glisan & Francis Troyan
Amazon kindle: ISBN: 978-0-9705798-6-7 eBook
By the end of this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Assess the abilities of students in all three modes of communication more effectively using real-world tasks.
- Help students make progress toward the Intermediate or Advanced proficiency levels as defined in the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines.
- Plan and implement one or more new strategies to increase students’ language production in all three communication modes.
- Assess the interpretive mode via culturally authentic resources and reflect on how to make them relevant for different students.
- Identify the characteristics of effective performance tasks, and the use of rubrics for providing feedback that will improve student performance.
- Implement “teaching grammar in context” in your curriculum.
- Use backward design to create or adjust to a Standards-Based Integrated Performance Assessment Unit
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Chang Liu, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.