Fall 2: October 23-December 8 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9149 University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 LATN 501 COME, SEE & CONQUER: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 539ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
Using the Updated Standards for Classical Language Learning, participants will receive and create meaningful activities to apply when teaching Caesar's Gallic Wars. The focus will be on methods to help students understand Caesar's role as an author, general, and central political figure in the last days of the Roman republic through to Roman history, other Latin authors, and the modern world. This course will be especially useful to teachers who are currently teaching Caesar, teaching the AP Latin syllabus, or just interested in learning more about teaching Caesar. (Open to Latin teachers or anyone proficient in Latin. Conducted in English by Maureen Lamb)
What participants are saying about this course
"Perfect course for teachers of Latin. I have been exposed to a great number of useful resources to use in my own classroom."
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Maureen Lamb, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!