Spring 2: May 9- June 17, 2022
Using the Updated Standards for Classical Language Learning, participants will receive and create meaningful activities to apply when teaching Caesar's Gallic Wars. The focus will be on methods to help students understand Caesar's role as an author, general, and central political figure in the last days of the Roman republic through to Roman history, other Latin authors, and the modern world. This course will be especially useful to teachers who are currently teaching Caesar, teaching the AP Latin syllabus, or just interested in learning more about teaching Caesar. (Open to Latin teachers or anyone proficient in Latin. Conducted in English by Maureen Lamb)
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
- 60 Professional Development Points: $540
- PEDD 9149 University of the Pacific: 3 Non-degree Graduate-level Credits: $875
- CLDE 591 LATN 501 COME, SEE & CONQUER: Colorado State University Pueblo: $900
- PDLL 539ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050