Spring 1: April 1- May 20 (with optional 1 week Spring Vacation)
This writing seminar is designed to help Spanish teachers enhance their presentational writing skills. In an attempt to achieve this goal, participants will examine the various writing genres that most often appear in the Spanish L2 classroom setting: description, narration, exposition, argumentation, and academic writing. Using a diverse body of literary and cultural readings as models, participants will analyze specific writing styles in an attempt to hone their own writing skills. Special attention will be given to the AP Spanish Language and Culture Global Themes as a way to inspire student writing samples. The ACTFL 5 Cs will also inspire participants to design lesson activities that can be used in their own curricular practice. Conducted in Spanish by Dr. Michael Orlando.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
- 60 Professional Development Points: $540
- 3 Graduate Credits:
- PEDD 9138 University of the Pacific: $875
- CLDE 591 SPAN 504 SPANISH WRITING SMNR: Colorado State University Pueblo: $900
- PDLL 527ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050