Open Registration- Self Paced CourseThis course acquaints the learner with the linguistic needs of ELL/ESL students. Course includes the design and implementation of strategies and interventions targeted to specific linguistic needs identified in their ELL/ESL classrooms related to phonetics, phonology, semantics, pragmatics, morphology, syntax, typology, orthography, linguistic advocacy, grammar, language acquisition, and sociolinguistics. Specific topics in sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics will be analyzed with a focus on improving the overall instruction of ELL/ESL students. Teachers have 3 months from date of registration to complete the online course material.
- 60 Professional Development Points or CTLEs: $285
- University of the Pacific: 3 Non-degree Graduate-level Credits: PEDD 9137 $540
- Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): 3 Transferable Graduate Credits PDLL 506ID $600
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750
- Colorado State University Pueblo: 3 Degree Applicable Graduate Credits ED 501 GEN 506: $900 * Satisfies the Pedagogy Literacy Education requirement