Open Registration- Self Paced CourseMusic can be a great resource for Spanish teachers. Songs have historical meaning that students have to work to uncover and often reflects the time in which it was created, as well as the perspective of its author. In this course we will explore why the artist wrote the lyrics, uncover what those lyrics mean, who the audience for the song was, and what was going on history at the time. We will pair the song with other sources—newspaper articles, radio addresses, videos, biographies, etc. — so you can piece together and better understand a particular historical era. Within each module, participants will study the online content, complete activities and share teaching strategies for integrating Spanish songs into their own classes. The course offers a collaborative environment to share tips, unique lessons and best practices for teaching history through music. Teachers have 3 months from date of registration to complete the online course material. Conducted in Spanish.
- 60 Professional Development Points: $285
- 3 Graduate Credits:
- PEDD 9103 University of the Pacific: $540
- PDLL 598 B Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600 (if requesting transcript before September 1, 2020)
- PDLL 504ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600 (if requesting transcript after September 1, 2020)
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750