Open Registration- Self Paced Course
This online course is designed for teachers who wish to learn about three famous Italian Operas and their composers in order to improve and refine their language skills in Italian and to develop practical lesson plans for the classroom. The course is designed around three great Operas: Tosca, The Barber of Seville and La Traviata. Given the popularity of these Operas, students and teachers who are familiar with the Opera can focus on the language and the arias without having to decipher the plot. Those who are not familiar with these three Operas, will have the chance to learn the plot and story and then focus on the language and music. Emphasis will be on comprehension, vocabulary building, improving listening and writing skills, in addition to Opera analysis and discussions on the composers and the history of the Opera in Italy. Students will also listen to and analyze the most famous arias from each Opera. Group work will be in the form of discussion boards and lesson plan development. Conducted in Italian with occasional readings in English. Teachers have 3 months from date of registration to complete the online course material.
- 60 Professional Development Points: $285
- 3 Graduate Credits:
- PEDD 9144 University of the Pacific: $540
- PDLL 598 D Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600 (if requesting transcript before September 1, 2020)
- PDLL 503ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600 (if requesting transcript after September 1, 2020)
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750