OPEN REGISTRATION- SELF PACED COURSE
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- PEDD 9053: University of the Pacific: $875
- PDLL 560ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University (Register and pay directly with this link): $1050
For communication in L2 to exist, students need something to talk about. In this course, the texts read like novels and are crafted especially for the novice learner not only to provide characters and a plot, but also the feeling of accomplishment once the chapter has been read. In this course, we will access the theory of comprehensible input via inductive texts to achieve competency in the target language, getting the most out of the reading, including culture, geography, food, social issues, etc. In Intensive Italian III, students will use Italian to discuss travel, transportation, and geography, among other themes. Students will continue their survey of Italian history in the target language, spanning the medieval to the post-WWII period. The grammatical focus will emphasize the subjunctive, the conditional, hypothetical statements, adverbial structures, et al. Music is a strong means of acculturation. In this course, we shall explore important themes in music from the 1990’s and an initial exploration of opera. Via the portfolio project, students are encouraged to tie the target language and culture back to existing certifications in order to create personalized bridges that promote individualized professional development. Conducted primarily in Italian, as a language immersion experience by Joseph Marquette.
By the end of this course, participants will have the opportunity to develop a working knowledge of intermediate Italian with an emphasis on:
- Survey of popular music: 1990’s
- Introduction to the operatic aria
- Survey of Italian history through founding of the Republic
- Portfolio development of personalized professional interests centered around Italian and language pedagogy
- Recommended Italian cinema.
- present subjunctive
- subjunctive imperfect
- imperative: formal vs. informal
- the conditional
- hypothetical clauses
- idiomatic uses of the subjunctive
- the trapassato perfetto
- idiomatic expressions
- the passive voice
- subordinating conjunctions with the subjunctive
- introduction to verb families
Online modules, collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced with Instructor Feedback.
About the Instructor
Joseph Marquette, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.