ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED
SP24-1 March 12th - May 7th, 2024
Registration deadline: February 27th, 2024
SU24-2: August 27th - October 22nd, 2024
Registration deadline: August 13th, 2024
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9198: University of the Pacific: $925
- CDLE 591 GER 504: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 574ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) TBD
The overall goal of this course is for teachers to learn to differentiate between good assignments and exercises and create sequences of activities that build upon each other. Teachers will understand their role in the interaction process. The course will culminate with a 3-week final project (Practical Exploration Project or PEP), in which the new theoretical approaches of the DLL unit are reviewed and assessed in the teacher’s own teaching practice. The Practical Exploration Project initiates changes in the classroom and helps to increase the professionalism of teachers. This course is conducted in German in partnership with the Goethe-Institut USA.
By the end of the course, the learner will submit a portfolio that demonstrates understanding and the ability to: Participants can describe their own teaching philosophy.
- Participants can differentiate between assignments and exercises, and identify good exercises and assignments.
- Participants can create sequences of assignments and exercises that build upon each other in a meaningful way.
- Participants understand the role of teachers in the interaction process.
- Participants are aware of the processes that take place when speaking in a foreign language.
- Participants are familiar with exercises to encourage speaking ability.
- Participants are aware of the processes that take place when writing and are familiar with exercises that support writing skills.
Pre-requisite: The entry requirement is German at level B2 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or Advanced Low ACTFL Proficiency Level. Please take this assessment and email a screenshot of the results to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who do not meet the proficiency level may register for one of the German Language Courses through Goethe-Institut
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced and has 4 live virtual sessions TBD by the instructor.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Miriam Swatuk, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.