Fall 2: October 23 - December 8 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New Jersey CE Program
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
- PEDD 9147: University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 WLM 506: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 538ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
This course focuses on current second language teaching methodology and pedagogy addressing the topic of Intercultural Communicative Competence (ICC). Utilizing the World Readiness Standards presented by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and the NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements pertaining to ICC, participants in this course will study how the development of linguistic competence and cultural awareness leads to successful communication and awareness. Students will learn how to create lessons and assessments that incorporate and relate cultural products and practices to cultural perspectives. Using the ICC framework, students will gain deeper insight into interpreting cultural contexts, interacting in these contexts, cultivating curiosity and openness to the target culture, and reflecting critically on their own cultural context. Open to teachers of modern and classical languages. Conducted in English.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
What participants are saying about this course"I am truly happy I took this course. It allowed me to expand my thinking and educated me on how to incorporate culture into lessons constantly and consistently rather than periodically. Embedding culture into lessons will be a rewarding experience for all parties during this remote learning and could nave come at a better time. The weekly reflections and written feedback was exceptional."
About the Instructor
Dr. Michael Orlando, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.