September 13 - October 22
This is an online course designed for teachers who wish to continue to develop their language and cultural skills through popular children's films that are available in Spanish. The films selected will be familiar to children and teachers of all ages and available at local libraries or through online streaming. Emphasis will be on vocabulary building, improving conversational and writing skills, comprehension, and film analysis, in addition to discussions of a cultural nature within the context of each film. Group work will be in the form of discussion boards and lesson plan development. This course is conducted in Spanish by Dr. Lynn McGovern.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
All course readings (provided as PDF’s) will be posted on the Schoology Website. This information provided is for classroom use only. All movies can be found at your public library, viewed on line or purchased on Amazon or from other stores.
- Saludos amigos (1942) and The three caballeros (1944)
- El rey leon (1994)
- La bella y la bestia (1991)
- Buscando a Nemo (2003)
- Shrek (2001)
- El libro de la vida (2014)
- Coco (2017)
- 60 Professional Development Points: $540
- 3 Graduate Credits:
- PEDD 9113 University of the Pacific: $875
- PDLL 530ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)