Open Registration- Self Paced Course
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- PEDD 9128: University of the Pacific: $285
- PDLL 511ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $310
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $300
As Americans dash to Cuba “before it changes,” it is clear that few understand the island, its history, and its people. Join us as we learn about the historical events that led to the infamous embargo and the everyday realities of Cuba, behind tourist images of beautiful beaches, classic cars, rum, and cigars. By the end of this course you will be able to identify and explain the significance of major people, events, and ideas in Cuban history. Compare and contrast experiences of different groups of people in Cuban society. An get a glimpse of the rich arts scene that has been kept alive even throughout the hardest economical crisis. These 15 hour Descubre workshop integrate a variety of resources that you will be able to share with your students and bring the Cuban culture alive in your own classroom. Teachers may start a course at any time and may take up to one month from the date of registration to complete the course. Conducted in Spanish.
What participants are saying about this course
"I really loved learning about Cuban history and culture! This course was informative and affordable."
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online modules, collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced.
About the Instructor
Mellissia Walles, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.