Winter 2: February 20 - March 31 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $540
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9106 University of the Pacific: $875
- CLDE 591 SPAN 509 SPAN SPK WRLD THRU FLM- Colorado State University Pueblo: $900
- PDLL 515ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
As teachers of Spanish, one of our major goals is to foster an appreciation of the highly diverse society in which we live. By exposing students to the target language through film we help them learn about challenging issues while developing their linguistic proficiency. This course will address six thought-provoking topics: war, the right to die, immigration, gender roles, identity (nations, nationalities, boundaries), and US foreign policy in the Spanish-speaking world. Background information will be gradually introduced and together we will decode many thematic symbols, cultural, social and political references. (Conducted in Spanish by Dr. Lynn McGovern)
What participants are saying about this course
"I was initially hesitant to take this course because I didn't think I could handle it. However, the content was great and really engaging. Yes, I was challenged, but I have learned so much!"
"The course is rich in resources that I did not know before. It is so interesting to the point that I expanded my knowledge looking for other sources connected with the material of the class."
Nazario, Sonia. La travesía de Enrique. Randomhouse Trade Paperbacks. 2006.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Lynn McGovern, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.