Summer 1: May 22- July 2 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9117 University of the Pacific: $925
- CDLE 591 SPAN 511 LOVE IN TIME OF WAR: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 531ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
The Time in Between is a brilliant novel and television series (Entre Costuras) set in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal during the first half of the turbulent twentieth century. As a point of departure, we will use this remarkable period drama, set against the backdrop of Spain and Northern Africa, as we explore the social underpinnings and political challenges that were precursors to what would become WWII. While the plot is fiction, the background is historically accurate and many of the characters whose emotional ups and downs we will share, existed in real life. Conducted in Spanish by Dr. Lynn McGovern.
What participants are saying about this course
"Using the lavish screen adaptation of Maria Dueñas's novel in order to facilitate learning about the Spanish Civil War is genius." "
I am very excited about the materials provided in this course. They provided a wealth of perspective and historical content that will be extremely useful in my own teaching."
Duenas, Maria. El Tiempo Entre Costuras. Atria Books (2011)
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Lynn McGovern, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.