Virtual June 29 - July 1 with an optional online 3 credit course through August 6
During the in person Virtual Zoom Conference workshops (June 29-July 1) and the online component of this course, participants will explore current language teaching methodologies with a focus on 21st Century language learning skills. Participants will review curriculum, assessment, and pedagogical practices using the World Readiness Standards as the foundation for student engagement. Accordingly, participants will discover the relationship between thematic unit/lesson design and standard-based assessments as related to the development of student proficiency. At the heart of this course work, participants will work toward understanding the role of developing student proficiency across various target areas: Communication, Cultural, Relevance, Critical Thinking, and Collaboration. By creating a dynamic classroom focused on the standards, teachers and students will build the necessary intercultural communication skills necessary for authentic language learning. Conducted in English for teachers of all languages.
- 15 Professional Development Points (3 day workshop only): $300
- 67.5 Professional Development Points (3 day workshop & online course): $540
- 3 Graduate Credits (3 day workshop & online course):
- PDLL 541ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- PEDD 9162 University of the Pacific: "$850
- Ashland University (register and pay directly on their website): $1050