Winter 1: January 15- February 23 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9115 University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 SPAN512 ISBL ALLNDE PERS HIST- Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 534ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)
Best-selling writer Isabel Allende, one of the most widely read Latin American female authors, frames each narrative within an historical context or current event. Her creative process recounts stories in which protagonists explore and endure life’s challenges. Her narrative frequently embraces situations related to social justice and women’s rights, always central to her work and heart. In this course we will explore Allende’s use of magic realism, geographical setting, imagery, word choice, and other stylistic devices in her narrative. Conducted in Spanish by Dr. Lynn McGovern.
What participants are saying about this course
"This is a unique and inspiring course."
"I delighted myself in this course. Prof. McGovern has structured the program to be attractive, interesting, appropriately challenging. I have never been more impressed with an educator."
"It was a great course and one of the best online courses that I have taken. It was a great balance of learning without being overdemanding- which is very appreciated while I am also teaching full time during a pandemic. Lynn was great!"
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Lynn McGovern, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.