Open Registration- Self Paced Course
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9137: University of the Pacific: $540
- PDLL 506ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $600
- ED 501 GEN 506: Colorado State University Pueblo: $900 * Satisfies the Pedagogy Literacy Education requirement for M.Ed. Program
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750
This course acquaints the learner with the linguistic needs of ELL/ESL students. Course includes the design and implementation of strategies and interventions targeted to specific linguistic needs identified in their ELL/ESL classrooms related to phonetics, phonology, semantics, pragmatics, morphology, syntax, typology, orthography, linguistic advocacy, grammar, language acquisition, and sociolinguistics. Specific topics in sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics will be analyzed with a focus on improving the overall instruction of ELL/ESL students. Teachers have 3 months from date of registration to complete the online course material.
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online modules and collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced.
About the Instructor
Mellissia Walles, Instructor. Read more on Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.