Winter 1: January 15- February 23 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9159: University of the Pacific: $925
- CDLE 591 CHIN 501 TOOLS FOR CHINESE ASSESSMENT: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 523ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)
The primary focus of this course is developing professional and program sustainability through the incorporation of effective and engaging learner-centered educational technology in Mandarin classroom. Participants will reshape an existing lesson, or build a new one, to include these tools to enhance your teaching and your students’ learning. Activities include readings and videos, with periods for discussion and reflection. Using Backwards Design theory and a constructive approach, you will design a lesson plan that supports the curriculum frameworks/standards. Conducted in Chinese by Chang Liu.
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Chang Liu, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.