Open Registration- Self Paced Course
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9127: University of the Pacific: $540
- PDGC 500ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU: $600
- CDLE 591 WLM 511: Colorado State University Pueblo $600
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $750
3 Undergraduate-Level Credits
- WXLC 170: University of the Pacific: $1500
This Learning Beyond the Classroom: Travel Course provides K-12 teachers and undergraduate students an opportunity to earn credit or professional development for the development of a travel program or personal travel overseas. The purpose of this course is document the process, reflect on the experience and allow teachers the opportunity to develop curricula to integrate into the classroom in order to address problems that connect to important world issue. Coursework may be submitted in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Mandarin or Italian. Participants have 3 months from date of registration to complete the online course material.
What participants are saying about this course
Oh, là là! What a wonderful experience this voyage and this course both were. Currently, my most prominent feeling is how badly I want to return to Québec! What a gift to be able to travel to such marvelous places as part of my job, and to have been able to reflect upon it in a professional and organized way made it all the more worthwhile... I find it so hard to make time to really sit down, write, and reflect on my practice, and this trip and subsequent coursework have given me a very fun and worthwhile opportunity to do so.
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online modules and collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced.
About the Instructor
Mellissia Walles, Instructor. Read more on Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus. Please indicate if this is for undergraduate credit or graduate credit.