Spring 1: April 3- May 12 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $540
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9134 University of the Pacific: $875
- CLDE 591 LATN 503 Colorado State University Pueblo: $900
- PDLL 518ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- ED 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)
Latin poetry frequently constitutes a student's first experience with authentic Latin literature. Moving beyond mere translation to the interpretation and analysis of lines of verse can be challenging for students and instructors alike. Participants in this course will read and analyze multiple genres of Latin poetry across several historical periods and through the lens of the Updated Standards for Classical Language Learning. While considering each poem within its historical and cultural context, participants will explore stylistic nuance and contemplate varied interpretations of the text. At the same time, they will develop strategies and techniques for teaching poetry to students. (Open to Latin teachers or anyone proficient in Latin. Conducted in English by Maureen Lamb)
What participants are saying about this course
"Perfect course for teachers of Latin. I have been exposed to a great number of useful resources to use in my own classroom."
There is no required textbook for this course. All materials are digital and will be provided in the online course.
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
About the Instructor
Maureen Lamb, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.