OPEN REGISTRATION- SELF PACED COURSE
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9051: University of the Pacific: $925
- CDLE 591 ITAL 504: Colorado State University Pueblo:$950
- PDLL 558ID: Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University (Register and pay directly with this link): $1050
For communication in L2 to exist, students need something to talk about. In this course, the texts read like novels and are crafted especially for the novice learner not only to provide characters and a plot, but also the feeling of accomplishment once the chapter has been read. In this course, we will access the theory of comprehensible input via inductive texts to achieve competency in the target language, getting the most out of the reading, including culture, geography, food, social issues, etc. Each chapter is an opportunity for the student to further appropriate the language and to begin to develop fluency in the classroom and beyond. Via the portfolio project, students are encouraged to tie the target language and culture back to existing certifications in order to create personalized bridges that promote individualized professional development.
By the end of this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Survey of popular music: 1950’s-1960’s
- Explorations in Italian and Italian-American culture
- Portfolio development of personalized professional interests centered around Italian and language pedagogy
- Recommended Italian cinema.
- Develop a working knowledge of elementary Italian with an emphasis on;
- basic greetings
- weather and time
- family and domestic life
- daily routine
- student life
- shopping and clothing
- Italian geography with particular emphasis on Rome and surrounding Lazio
- present and present perfect tense verbs
- modal verbs
- noun and adjective mechanics
- pronoun usage and placement
- articulated prepositions
L’Italiano secondo il Metodo Natura 1. ISBN: 9781087862521
Easy Italian Reader. ISBN: 9781260463644
Online modules, collaborative discussion boards. This course is self-paced with Instructor Feedback.
About the Instructor
Joseph Marquette, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.