Fall 2: October 24 - December 6
This course is designed for teachers who wish to better understand a segment of Italy’s past and its present through selected literary works of Alessandro Manzoni and Susanna Tamaro. Participants will improve their language skills in Italian and be able to develop practical lesson plans for the classroom using Manzoni’s I Promessi Sposi and Tamaro’s Va Dove Ti Porta il Cuore. This course is designed around these two literary works: the story, the setting, the characters, numerous themes, the historical context and its influence in forming today’s Italy. Emphasis will be on comprehension, vocabulary building, improving listening and writing skills, in addition to literature analysis and discussion of the differences between I Promessi Sposi and Va Dove Ti Porta il Cuore including the themes that come up in each novel. Group work will be in the form of discussion boards and lesson plan development. Conducted in Italian by Monica Canetta.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
- 60 Professional Development Points: $540
- 3 Graduate Credits:
- PEDD 9143 University of the Pacific: $875
- Colorado State University Pueblo: 3 Degree Applicable Graduate Credits: CLDE 591 ITAL503UNDRSTNDNG ITALY TODAY- $900
- PDLL 519ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $955
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: $1050 (register and pay the university directly)