Session 2: October 23- December 8 (ONLINE INSTRUCTOR FACILITATED)
Not sure which credit option to choose? Learn more about each credit option here and review your state/district requirements.
45 Professional Development/Clock Hours: $590
- Idioma Professional Development Certificate (accepted by most states)
- Approved Illinois CPDU Certificate through partnership with CEII
- Approved Massachusetts PDP Certificate
- Approved New York CTLE Certificate
- Approved Pennsylvania ACT48 Certificate
- Approved Texas CPE Certificate
3 Graduate-Level Credits
- PEDD 9146 University of the Pacific: $925
- CLDE 591 WLM 505 LEADING THE CHARGE: Colorado State University Pueblo: $950
- PDLL 532ID Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): $1005
- EDU 6130 Ashland University: (register and pay the university directly) $1050
This course focuses on the skills and strategies that teachers, teacher leaders, department chairs, curriculum coordinators, and curriculum supervisors need in order to develop and sustain an effective standards-based world languages program. Utilizing the World Readiness Standards, the Can-Do Statements, Proficiency Benchmarks, and other documents presented by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), participants in this course will examine how curriculum development, assessment strategies, and technology integration align a program with proficiency standards. Additionally, participants will analyze how teacher recruitment and retention, teacher observation and supervision, and teacher professional development establish purposeful programs oriented toward standard-based language education. (Open to teachers of modern and classical languages. Conducted in English by Dr. Michael Orlando)
Online weekly learning modules, collaborative discussion boards and instructor feedback. This course is not self-paced.
Students who matriculate into an Instructor-Facilitated course should adhere to the dates listed on the website. Final coursework should be submitted within one week after the course end date. Course extensions beyond one week are subject to a $50 fee.
What participants are saying about this course
"I was quite pleased with the class. The course was well designed and relevant. I really enjoyed that I could apply everything in the course to what I am currently doing."
About the Instructor
Dr. Michael Orlando, Instructor. Read more about Our Team page!
Click here to request a syllabus.